Provide quality affordable housing opportunities with supportive and economic resources to eligible households in Columbia, Boone County.
To be our community’s leading affordable housing provider with a diverse and expanding portfolio of safe, energy-efficient and affordable housing options connected to supportive resources that foster stability and upward mobility.
Integrity: We act honestly and ethically in all aspects of our organization. We will continue to strengthen our policies and standards to best serve our mission.
Accountability: We are responsible, committed, and answerable to each other, to those we serve and to those who have entrusted us with resources.
Respect: We have respect for CHA residents, CHA staff and community partners by giving dignity and value to all.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our staff, board, and services to residents. We recognize and value everyone’s life experience, perspective, and culture.
Safety: We establish partnerships with CHA residents, CHA staff and other stakeholders to help create and maintain a safe environment.
- Renovate CHA’s remaining public housing and expand CHA’s affordable housing portfolio through additional development.
- Expand the continuum of affordable housing services and partnerships with local organizations.
- Identify policies and procedures to ensure maximum utilization of CHA voucher programs and properties.
- Ensure CHA Safety Officers foster a safe and supportive environment for CHA housing units.
- Promote and expand programs providing supportive and economic resources.
- Promote organizational policies to increase efficiency and capacity of CHA operations