The Columbia Housing Authority is currently preparing our Annual 5-year plan for the Capital Fund Program (Modernization), for fiscal years 2013 to 2017 as well as ideas for futures years. We request ideas and suggestions every year from our Residents, Employees, Resident Advisory Board, Resident Associations and the Columbia community. We strongly encourage input from everyone.
If you are not familiar with this program, HUD annually allocates money to Housing Authorities to perform major capital projects for our properties that the Operations Budget cannot support. CHA has budgeted for $835,363.00 annually over the next five years for our Capital Fund Improvements, although every year we continue to see these funding being reduced.
The following are examples of categories of “work items” that qualify under this program:
- Management Improvements (Staff training, salary assistance for Safety and Resident
- Services, security devices, computer software, etc.)
- Administration (Modernization salaries and construction advertising)
- Construction Consultants (Architects and Engineers)
- Site Improvements (landscaping, fencing, concrete, drainage, roofing, etc.)
- Dwelling Structures (screen doors, floor tile, central air, etc.)
- Dwelling Equipment (ranges, refrigerators, washers, dryers, etc.)
- Non-dwelling Structures (community space, furniture, office furniture, computers, copiers, Maintenance tools, vehicles, grounds equipment, etc.)
Please follow the link below to review our current Five Year Capital Fund Plan for years 2011 to 2016. The plan that is broken out by each of the following property locations.
- Amp#1 – Providence Family Townhomes (Downtown Family Sites)
- Amp#2 – Bear Creek Family Townhomes
- Amp#3 – Oak Tower
- Amp#4 – Paquin Tower
Please review our 5 Year Capital Fund Plan and provide us with any ideas and suggestions for future improvements to the Columbia Housing Authority Properties.
Information on the CHA’s FYE2013 Annual Plan and Five-Year Plan can also be found our on web site at: